Product Assistant Designer - Harrods Own Label
This vacancy has expired
We are recruiting for an Assistant Designer to join our Own Label team here at Harrods. This is a brand new role in our structure, supporting in the design and development of Harrods Own Label product across all categories reporting into the Print & Product Designer.
About the Role
This role assists with all aspects of the creative design process; responsible for identifying key trends and influences, supporting in leading innovation and, along with the Designer, driving the product to be the best of its kind.
As an Assistant Designer, you will work together with the Designer to create, develop and deliver the seasonal Design Brief. You will contribute to new product ideas, concepts, prints and innovation of existing product, pitching new ideas, innovation or categories to the Designer & Head of Own Label Buying here at Harrods.
You will also:
- Have autonomy on selected design projects and departments; responsible for design decisions & direction.
- Work closely with the relevant Assistant Buyer, to lead packaging for the department, attending bi-weekly meetings, contributing and bringing actions back to the team. Ensuring the Designer & Head of Buying are aware of progress.
- Complete the administration of the Design folders, filing systems and oversee any other departments contributing to this.
- Assist in the planning and management of the Design Brief deadlines for all new design development ensuring the Briefs are ready to send by the deadline and include all required information.
- Work with external partners, for example, Harrods Architects, freelance Designers and Interns.
- Assist in setting up meetings, agendas, taking notes and following up post meetings.
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Designer or a well established Design Admin Assistant who is ready to take the next step in their career journey. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate solid experience in an Own Label business or Catgeory – ideally this will be a luxury brand or luxury bridge brand.
Through the application and interview process you will be able to demonstrate that you:
- Are at the forefront of market trends; regularly seeking out and visiting new inspirational brands, stores, design inspiring environments and events.
- Have a strong understanding of visual elements (layout, type and fonts)
- Hold a BSc/BA in Fashion or Print Design or relevant qualification
- Possess excellent PC literacy; Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator with knowledge of In-Design - as well as a good understanding of Microsoft Office - Powerpoint, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Are an excellent team player as well as an innovative thinking, who consistently strives for excellence.
- Have excellent time-management skills and the ability and willingness to multi-task.
- Are flexible and ready to adapt to changing priorities
Harrods is one of the world’s leading luxury department stores and we’re becoming a destination the most sought-after brands from around the globe. Our combined mission is to make visiting our iconic Knightsbridge store one of the world’s most inspiring shopping experiences.
Our Promise to You
Help us make the impossible possible for our customers and we’ll do something remarkable for you. As well as offering a friendly environment to inspire your best work, we provide abundant opportunities and support to build an exceptional career across the varied specialisms of our business.
In return, you’ll receive an excellent benefits package, including a company pension, flexible working, 22 days’ holiday, and your birthday off, up to 33% in-store discount (including across our food hall and restaurants) and a season ticket loan.
At Harrods we believe the personality and authenticity of our people sets us apart. We celebrate and invite applications from all cultures, backgrounds, tastes, and experiences and are proud of our culture where people from all walks of life can grow and thrive. What makes you unique makes us exceptional.
While our job adverts outline the ideal qualities, skills, and prior experience for the role, we believe in the potential for growth and value individual strengths. If you do not meet every desired criteria but feel you have the skills and experience to thrive in this role as well as a genuine interest in working for Harrods and you can demonstrate an alignment with our values, we would encourage you to apply.
If you want to know more about our people and our culture, search #TogetherHarrods on LinkedIn, Facebook or follow us on Instagram @togetherharrods
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added?
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Read our insights
Hi there! This is Katie, Talent Development Advisor at Harrods. As part of National Apprenticeship Week, we wanted to highlight our current apprentices and encourage all colleagues to learn m
Three stages. Three guest speakers. Three days of learning wrapped. We just hosted our first-ever Learn & Connect Fest for all our colleagues. Dr Hazel Harrison shared insights on The Scien
Content TypeCareer Stories
Over the last year, Your Career has supported colleagues to understand their true potential within Harrods. Through our Career Clinics, we have provided face-to-face advice directly from
"This October, our Racial, Equality and Diversity Network (R.E.A.D) came together with colleagues to celebrate #BlackHistoryMonth. We 'saluted our sisters' with authentic stories, hosted t
"Hello, My name is Margaret Amoah. I work in the Food Halls on the tills. I've worked for Harrods for 35 years. And if there's one way to describe Harrods, it's the uniqueness of Harrods t
Harrods is a very special place to work, and with the help of a fantastic team, we recently held our Long Service Evening. Our mission was to celebrate major milestones, recognise remarkab
“This September we celebrated National Inclusion Week. As part of this, I had the chance to visit some of our locations and host virtual sessions to discuss our Belonging Networks and how
Recently viewed jobs