Assistant Buyer - Own Label
This vacancy has expired
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We are recruiting for a brand new role within our Harrods Own Label team, as an Assistant Buyer. This role joins our Buyer for the apparel division, focused on developing the best in class Cashmere range as we enter the new phase of our Own Label offering.
About the Role
Our Assistant Buyer will be responsible for the critical path management for our own bought apparel range. You will guarantee our ranges reach the shop floor on time and ensure that Retail and Visual Merchandising have been briefed on the launch of all product.
This role joins a new category for Harrods Own Label, bringing new, innovative ideas with a contemporary and modern feel. You will support the Buyer in the development of the product proposition for Harrods Own Label, whilst ensuring the departmental strategy is achieved.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Proposing new products and categories to establish a new, fresh and elevated Own Label offer.
- Ensuring current trends are optimised while keeping the Own Label customer at the heart of decision making.
- Working with Retail Managers to co-ordinate vendor training and information sessions throughout the season.
- Assisting the Buyer in the plan and execution of range presentations to the Directors and wider business.
- Creating seasonal floor plans and keep these up to date throughout the season
- Completing weekly floor walks with the Buyer, Retail team and VM making adjustments to the ranges and floor layout where required
You will understand the ins and outs of critical path management in an Own Label space. Whilst your professional experience doesn’t have to lie in apparel, whether it’s through your studies or interests outside of work you will be truly passionate about product, specifically cashmere. You will not only have expert knowledge of competitors in the cashmere market, but you will be at the beating heart of trends within the cashmere space and have an expectational taste level.
You will also:
- Be well versed in the critical path management for Own Label Product.
- Have a creative mind and the desire to exceed expectations.
- Be hungry for a new challenge, ready to bring fresh ideas to the table.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills.
- Be an excellent relationship builder, able to influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Be an expert on our in-house systems (SAP, Microsoft Office etc).
In addition to the above, you will be able to demonstrate how you assess the quality of product, a clear understanding of our Harrods Customer as well as examples of when you have brought an idea from concept to completion.
Harrods is one of the world’s leading luxury department stores and we’re becoming a destination for top designers, and the most sought-after brands from around the globe. Our combined mission is to make visiting our iconic Knightsbridge store one of the world’s most inspiring shopping experiences.
Our Promise to You
Help us make the impossible possible for our customers and we’ll do something remarkable for you. As well as offering a friendly environment to inspire your best work, we provide abundant opportunities and support to build an exceptional career across the varied specialisms of our business.
In return you’ll receive an excellent benefits package, including a company pension, eligibility for a competitive bonus, flexible working, 25 days’ holiday, and your birthday off, up to 33% in-store discount (including across our food hall and restaurants) and a season ticket loan.
At Harrods we believe the personality and authenticity of our people sets us apart. We celebrate and invite applications from all cultures, backgrounds, tastes, and experiences and are proud of our culture where people from all walks of life can grow and thrive. What makes you unique makes us exceptional.
If you want to know more about our people and our culture, search #TogetherHarrods on LinkedIn, Facebook or follow us on Instagram @togetherharrods
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added?
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Read our insights
TeaserCity Road (Studio)
Hello! My name is Kim Stuart, I am the Post Production Lead at the Harrods Studio and I have worked at Harrods for 4.5 years. Starting as an Image Coordinator and working my way up
Harrods Management Programme (HMP) "To support colleagues with an aspiration to progress into management roles, we run The Harrods Management Programme (HMP). This is a four-month manag
Reverse Mentoring Last month we wrapped our first-ever reverse mentoring programme: 'Listen'. The purpose of this six-month programme was to connect colleagues, so they could spend time w
#EmbraceEquity This year for International Women's Day, we're shining a light on women from different roles within Harrods. Each share a little bit about their role, and what it means to th
Meet Our Apprentices Here at Harrods, we know how vital career development and learning opportunities are for our colleagues, which is why over the years, our apprenticeship opportunities have
Recently viewed jobs