Harrods Limited is a registered information controller with registration number Z603738X; Harrods Beauty Limited is a registered information controller with registration number ZA787790; Harrods International Limited is a registered information controller with registration number Z4978925; and Harrods Estates Limited is a registered information controller with registration number Z6853617.
What types of personal information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following types of personal data about you:
- Contact details (title, name , email address, etc.)
- Identification information
- Information about your past and current employment
- Education and qualifications
- Information about your lifestyle
- Personal characteristics about you including ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and whether you consider yourself to have a disability
- Information requested on our application forms and contact forms together with any comments or remarks that you may provide in free text fields (such as personal statements) or CVs (where applicable).
- Record of references received from third parties (including those you give us, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies) and of any other correspondence or communication between you and us, whether written, e-mailed, or as a result of visits, interviews or recorded telephone calls.
How we use your personal information
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to do so to in connection with or anticipation of a contract, to process your job application and otherwise manage the recruitment process.
We may also use your personal information for the following:
- To help us assess and process your job application;
- To help us check and confirm the references that you provide as part of your job application;
- To monitor our performance against our diversity and inclusivity objectives
- To check with any necessary regulatory, industry and/or security authorities relevant to the position that you have applied for;
- Where you have consented, we may use your personal information to send you email marketing communication
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests for the following purposes:
- For identification and verification purposes
- For the prevention and detection of fraud or loss;
- To assess risk, carry out market research, statistical analysis, test systems, improve the way that we run our recruitment process and your application (including quality assurance) and analyse your application and recruitment history;
- Train staff and monitor our services. This may mean that we record our conversations or our correspondence with you to make sure we are providing you with a good service and to make sure we keep to our legal and regulatory obligations.
Managing your Marketing Communications
At any point that you interact with us, you may be given the opportunity to opt in to receive Harrods Careers marketing communications. We will only send you marketing communications when you have consented to receive them. We may contact you about opportunities, job alerts, stories and updates that we believe may be of interest to you. Please note that as part of our general marketing communications, you may receive content in your email communication that relates to a particular category that you may not selected.
You can withdraw your marketing consent at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link displayed at the bottom of every marketing communication or by contacting the Data Protection team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will Harrods Careers retain my personal information?
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal requirements, where we have a legitimate interest or where required, for Harrods to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims.
If Harrods no longer needs to retain certain personal details, for example, to carry out analytical and research activities, where possible we will delete personal details about you. For more specific information relating to the retention of your personal information, please contact email@example.com.
Upon expiry of the applicable retention period we will securely delete your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiary companies, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiary companies. With prior notification, we may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Harrods Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions to and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Harrods LTD our customers, or others.
How can you find out what personal information we hold about you?
You are entitled to see the personal information that we hold about you at any time. If you write to, email or phone us and ask to see this information, it is known as a ‘data subject access request’ or ‘DSAR’ for short) You can do so by: e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org inserting the words ‘Data Request’ in the subject line To contact Harrods Data Protection Officer, please email: email@example.com. If you are in the EU, you may also contact our representative by emailing EURepresentative.Harrods@twobirds.com, or by writing to us at:
Bird & Bird GDPR Representative Services SRL
Avenue Louise 235
You are entitled to make a request about your personal information covering the following:
- Access to your personal information (subject access request). You can ask to see a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please note: we may need to exclude certain information from your request for the protection of other individuals’ privacy, or because we are permitted to exclude information for legal or other reasons justified under the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Deletion of your personal information
- Amendment of inaccurate or incomplete information that we hold about you
- Restriction of how we are using your personal information
- Transfer of your electronically held personal information to another organisation or directly to you (the right of portability)
- To ask us to stop using your personal information at any time
- You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it is based on automatic processing, including profiling, which results in a serious negative impact to you
Where we have relied on your consent to use your personal information, you can withdraw consent at any time.
If you are unhappy with how we use your personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
Making sure your personal data is secure
The security of your personal information is of utmost importance to us. We use appropriate security measures to protect it against any loss, destruction or unauthorised use.
Information you provide to one of the Harrods Group companies may be shared within the rest of the Harrods Group. We also work with trusted third parties to help us deliver an excellent service to you. We require all third parties that interact with Harrods’ information or customer data to undergo an information-security due diligence assessment. This is to ensure that information is only shared with third parties who have appropriate security measures in place.
Our website uses software to provide high-level encryption technology although, unfortunately sending personal data over the internet is not secure and as such, we cannot be held responsible for it. We strongly encourage you to never send any sensitive information, such as passwords or credit card information, via email.
In creating a password to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping it secure and confidential. Please do not share a password with anyone.
We do not sell customer information and will not share your information with any third parties for the purposes of marketing their goods and services to you without your consent.
Cookies and tracking technologies
Cookies are files that are recorded in temporary Internet folders on your PC. They're a useful tool as, by recording the way you use our site, they enable us to get to know you better. For example, we’re able to recognise you when you return to the site, identify your preferences so as to provide you with a more personalised service and speed up searches that you conduct when visiting.
External links from our site
From time to time we may include hypertext links to sites which are created by individuals and companies outside of our group companies. We do this when there is a particular relevance to the topic you're reading about. Whilst we endeavour to check that the content of these sites is suitable, we, unfortunately, cannot take any responsibility for the practices of the companies who publish the sites that we link to, nor the integrity of the content contained within them.
We do keep our privacy policies under regular review so please do check each time you use the site. You'll be able to read about any updates on this page - as soon as they happen.