Product Development Manager
This vacancy has expired
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We have a newly created opportunity for a Product Development Manager to join our Food Buying team. The Product Development Manager will support the Head of Food, Wine & Spirits with defining the overall divisional strategy. They will be responsible for leading the development and continuous improvement of the Harrods Own Label product offering across all food & drink categories, within the Luxury for Living brand framework. Managing a team of Product Developers, this role encompasses key objectives such as quality, commerciality, sustainability, innovation and brand building (with customers, internal stakeholders, and suppliers).
Our food halls are world famous- from our chocolate to our teas, tourists come from all over the world to purchase our Harrods Own Label food. Our own label category makes up over 50% of our food, wine and spirits category. Whilst this role will have a mix of NPD across all categories, we are looking for somebody with very strong experience in product development of ambient food.
About the Role
In this role you will be:
- Using customer insight to underpin category strategy, NPD and EPD.
- Bringing a strong creative and innovative element to Harrods Own Label product development which enables the business to deliver customer delight and satisfaction, and positions us as a leader within fine food & drink retail.
- Formulating and maintaining a relevant competitor set and benchmarking process across all categories, enabling us to fully understand the competitor landscape and our (current and future) position within it.
- Leading a talented team of product developers across all categories.
- Collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders to drive a best-in-class approach to project management within the Product Development and wider commercial functions.
- Working closely with Buying Managers to create an effective pipeline of potential new suppliers, developing a network across categories within the fine food & drink sector.
- Supporting the development of divisional sustainability strategy in line with the central ESG programme.
- You will have excellent experience in retail product and packaging development (with a track record of successful delivery and change implementation)
- Leadership & people management experience.
- Knowledge of print/packaging production and techniques to ensure ‘anything is possible’.
- Strong commercial acumen in relation to packaging commitments and production.
- Strong communication skills – Building and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage critical paths and production lead-times.
Our Promise To You
In return, we can offer you an excellent benefits package. This includes a generous company pension where Harrods contribute 10% if you contribute 6%, an excellent company bonus scheme, a day off for your birthday, as well a charity day. Of course, you will be receive our fabulous in store discount, including in our world famous food hall, beauty, and multiple restaurants. We also offer a range of health benefits, including private healthcare, gym membership and an on-site doctor.
At Harrods we believe the personality and authenticity of our people sets us apart. We celebrate and invite applications from all cultures, backgrounds, tastes, and experiences and are proud of our culture where people from all walks of life can grow and thrive. What makes you unique makes us exceptional.
If you want to know more about our people, our culture, and careers opportunities search #TogetherHarrods on LinkedIn, Facebook or follow us on Instagram, @togetherharrods.
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added?
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Read our insights
TeaserCity Road (Studio)
Hello! My name is Kim Stuart, I am the Post Production Lead at the Harrods Studio and I have worked at Harrods for 4.5 years. Starting as an Image Coordinator and working my way up
Harrods Management Programme (HMP) "To support colleagues with an aspiration to progress into management roles, we run The Harrods Management Programme (HMP). This is a four-month manag
Reverse Mentoring Last month we wrapped our first-ever reverse mentoring programme: 'Listen'. The purpose of this six-month programme was to connect colleagues, so they could spend time w
#EmbraceEquity This year for International Women's Day, we're shining a light on women from different roles within Harrods. Each share a little bit about their role, and what it means to th
Meet Our Apprentices Here at Harrods, we know how vital career development and learning opportunities are for our colleagues, which is why over the years, our apprenticeship opportunities have
Recently viewed jobs