This vacancy has expired
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We are recruiting for a Senior Merchandiser to join our Merchandise Planning division here at Harrods.
As a Senior Merchandiser across our Fashion department, you will be responsible for leading the department, overseeing the planning of sales, stocks, margins and OTB. Working closely with the Merchandise Manager, you will manage the intake of stock across all channels as well as deliver business wider projects and drive strategy.
About the Role
Leading a team of Merchandisers, Assistant Merchandisers and Merchandise Admin Assistants you will inspire your team to deliver against key deadlines, ensuring all priorities are met. Through clear communication, coaching and development, you will ensure maximum accuracy and efficiency across the team, leading on changes to processes or reporting to support your teams output.
As Senior Merchandiser you will support Merchandise Manager in the review and roll up of budgets, working alongside Finance Analysts to prepare for budget sign off. You will also advise on top line sales growth with the Head of Buying; guiding the Merchandiser to build departmental plans based on space optimisation, brand or category opportunities.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Guiding strategy on range including options, depth and size based on history & trend, ensuring analysis & actual buy is reflective of the strategy.
- Advising on top line sales growth with Head of Buying. Guide Merchandiser to build departmental plans based on space optimisation, brand or category opportunities. Ensure planned cash margin growth for the Division meets expectation of the business.
- Assessing & approving monthly sales & stock forecasts across all channels, challenging the team to reduce risks & maximise opportunities
- Working alongside the Demand Planning Manager to improve availability & ensure replenishment is supporting sales plans.
- Overseeing intake for the division ensuring no late deliveries and quick resolution of trouble shipments
- Acting as a point of escalation for brands to improve intake performance and accuracy.
You will be someone with a wealth of experience at Senior Merchandiser level, or a well-established Merchandiser who is looking for a step up; ideally you will have overseen multiple departments at any one time. Hailing from a Fashion background, you will be an expert within your field – able to share your knowledge and guidance with your team.
You will also be commercially aware and strategically minded, able to demonstrate their involvement in business wide strategic projects. You will be used to bring fresh ideas and innovation to your team, whilst being able to push the boundaries and consistently strive for exceptional results, be it people management, project delivery or system efficiencies. You will be able to identify opportunities, mitigate risk and confidently lead your team through times of change.
You will also possess:
- Excellent working knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong customer service focus when dealing with both internal and external parties.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability and willingness to multi-task.
- A collaborative leadership style, able to join the dots across the business
- Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing priorities
Harrods is one of the world’s leading luxury department stores and we’re becoming a destination for top designers, and the most sought-after brands from around the globe. Our combined mission is to make visiting our iconic Knightsbridge store one of the world’s most inspiring shopping experiences.
Our Promise to You
Help us make the impossible possible for our customers and we’ll do something remarkable for you. As well as offering a friendly environment to inspire your best work, we provide abundant opportunities and support to build an exceptional career across the varied specialisms of our business.
In return you’ll receive an excellent benefits package, including a company pension, flexible working, 25 days’ holiday, and your birthday off, up to 33% in-store discount (including across our food hall and restaurants), eligibility for a competitive bonus and a season ticket loan.
At Harrods we believe the personality and authenticity of our people sets us apart. We celebrate and invite applications from all cultures, backgrounds, tastes, and experiences and are proud of our culture where people from all walks of life can grow and thrive. What makes you unique makes us exceptional.
If you want to know more about our people and our culture, search #TogetherHarrods on LinkedIn, Facebook or follow us on Instagram @togetherharrods
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added?
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Read our insights
TeaserCity Road (Studio)
Hello! My name is Kim Stuart, I am the Post Production Lead at the Harrods Studio and I have worked at Harrods for 4.5 years. Starting as an Image Coordinator and working my way up
Harrods Management Programme (HMP) "To support colleagues with an aspiration to progress into management roles, we run The Harrods Management Programme (HMP). This is a four-month manag
Reverse Mentoring Last month we wrapped our first-ever reverse mentoring programme: 'Listen'. The purpose of this six-month programme was to connect colleagues, so they could spend time w
#EmbraceEquity This year for International Women's Day, we're shining a light on women from different roles within Harrods. Each share a little bit about their role, and what it means to th
Meet Our Apprentices Here at Harrods, we know how vital career development and learning opportunities are for our colleagues, which is why over the years, our apprenticeship opportunities have
Recently viewed jobs