Assistant Buyer - Own Label
This vacancy has expired
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Buyer to join our Harrods Signature Team, looking after the Home category.
About the role
The role of Assistant Buyer is to support in the development of the product proposition for our Harrods Signature (own label) range, whilst ensuring the departmental strategy is achieved. The Assistant Buyer will provide vital support to the Buyer for the Division by assisting with all elements of the buying cycle.
Your duties will also include:
- Proposing new products and categories to establish a new, fresh and elevated Own Label offer.
- Ensuring current trends are optimised while keeping the Own Label customer at the heart of decision making.
- Reviewing and collating weekly sales figures to create reports and provide feedback on new launches.
- Assisting the Buyer in the plan and execution of range presentations to the Directors and wider business.
- Creating seasonal floor plans and keep these up to date throughout the season.
- Completing weekly floor walks with the Buyer, Retail team and VM making adjustments to the ranges and floor layout where required.
To be considered for the Assistant Buyer role in our Signature Team, you will not only need to possess creative flair but also strong business acumen. Through your career, you will have developed strong knowledge of Product Development be it in a bricks & mortar business, e-commerce company or a corporation that trades across both.
You may be an experienced Buyers Admin Assistant in a product development role, or an Assistant Buyer wanting to join the magic of Harrods. You will have passion for our product as well as excellent interpersonal skills. We are looking for someone that also possesses the below capabilities:
- Good PC literacy (Word, Excel and preferably SAP)
- Strong customer service focus when dealing with both internal and external parties
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability and willingness to multi-task
- Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing priorities
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong work ethic and unwavering commitment to Harrods values.
- Ability to perform duties effectively with minimum supervision and guidance
- Leadership skills
As the world’s leading luxury retail emporium, we make the impossible possible. Our team believe that collaboration with other divisions is key to reaching our goals, by building effective relationships with all brands, head office contacts, store management team, travel retail and online relationship partners. We pride ourselves on being true brand ambassadors for Harrods in everything that we do, be that working closely with suppliers and vendors across the globe to championing our teams and their development.
Our Promise to You
At Harrods, we believe nothing is impossible. We drive ourselves and inspire others to always push for more. This passion to exceed is what sets us apart. We are proud to be a place where standing out means being yourself.
As well as strong long-term career potential and development support, you will also benefit from an excellent benefits package, including a company pension, eligibility for a competitive bonus, flexible working, 25 days’ holiday and a day off on your birthday, up to 33% in-store discount and a season ticket loan.
At Harrods we believe the personality and authenticity of our people sets us apart. We celebrate and invite applications from all cultures, backgrounds, tastes and experiences and are proud of our culture where people from all walks of life can grow and thrive. What makes you unique makes us exceptional.
If you want to know more about our people and our culture, search #TogetherHarrods on LinkedIn, Facebook or Instagram.
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added?
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Read our insights
TeaserCity Road (Studio)
Hello! My name is Kim Stuart, I am the Post Production Lead at the Harrods Studio and I have worked at Harrods for 4.5 years. Starting as an Image Coordinator and working my way up
Harrods Management Programme (HMP) "To support colleagues with an aspiration to progress into management roles, we run The Harrods Management Programme (HMP). This is a four-month manag
Reverse Mentoring Last month we wrapped our first-ever reverse mentoring programme: 'Listen'. The purpose of this six-month programme was to connect colleagues, so they could spend time w
#EmbraceEquity This year for International Women's Day, we're shining a light on women from different roles within Harrods. Each share a little bit about their role, and what it means to th
Meet Our Apprentices Here at Harrods, we know how vital career development and learning opportunities are for our colleagues, which is why over the years, our apprenticeship opportunities have
Recently viewed jobs