Buying Assistant - Seasonal
This vacancy has expired
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We are recruiting for a Buying Assistant to join our Seasonal Homeware team.
About the Role
The role of the Buying Assistant is to provide comprehensive support to the Buying team. The Buying Assistant will work closely with the Assistant Buyer and Buyer of the category to drive commercial performance and enhance the customer experience. The Buying Assistant will help to ensure the smooth running of the Buying Office, across all channels (Store, Online &Regional Sites), and both operational models (Own Buy and Concession).
As a Buying Assistant for Seasonal Homeware, you will be involved in:
- Creating the department Look Book each season, highlighting the key season trends and featuring all the products bought for the season from each brand.
- Conducting competitor shops both in store and online to assess range, merchandise mix, price points and new labels.
- Providing support to Buyers and Assistant Buyers with selection and quantification of orders where required.
- Preparing agendas for Buying Appointments and Trips.
- Requesting order confirmations from brands, ensuring all information is checked and accurate, making/suggesting changes where relevant.
- Completing Magazine submissions and Social Media submissions monthly ensuring the best brands, products and trends are being featured.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the Luxury industry, with a keen interest in all things Seasonal Home. You keep on top of key trends, brands and launches within the category, pairing this with a key understanding of our customer profile to make suggestion to the team to drive trade. You will be able to work at pace, bring forward new brand suggestions and solutions whilst delivering a high class service to our brand partners.
We are looking for someone with prior knowledge of the Buying Cycle or with a relevant Buying qualification. In addition to this, you will be a great relationship builder with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will have a solution based approach, with great attention to detail and expert numeracy and analytical skills.
You will also possess:
- Good PC literacy, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. SAP knowledge preferable
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability and willingness to multi-task.
- Effective prioritisation skills and ability to manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing priorities.
- Proactive and solutions based thinker
Harrods is one of the world’s leading luxury department stores and we’re becoming a destination for top designers, and the most sought-after brands from around the globe. Our combined mission is to make visiting our iconic Knightsbridge store one of the world’s most inspiring shopping experiences.
Our Promise to You
Help us make the impossible possible for our customers and we’ll do something remarkable for you. As well as offering a friendly environment to inspire your best work, we provide abundant opportunities and support to build an exceptional career across the varied specialisms of our business.
In return, you’ll receive an excellent benefits package, including a company pension, flexible working, 22 days’ holiday, and your birthday off, up to 33% in-store discount (including across our food hall and restaurants) and a season ticket loan.
At Harrods we believe the personality and authenticity of our people sets us apart. We celebrate and invite applications from all cultures, backgrounds, tastes, and experiences and are proud of our culture where people from all walks of life can grow and thrive. What makes you unique makes us exceptional.
If you want to know more about our people and our culture, search #TogetherHarrods on LinkedIn, Facebook or follow us on Instagram @togetherharrods
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added?
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Read our insights
TeaserCity Road (Studio)
Hello! My name is Kim Stuart, I am the Post Production Lead at the Harrods Studio and I have worked at Harrods for 4.5 years. Starting as an Image Coordinator and working my way up
Harrods Management Programme (HMP) "To support colleagues with an aspiration to progress into management roles, we run The Harrods Management Programme (HMP). This is a four-month manag
Reverse Mentoring Last month we wrapped our first-ever reverse mentoring programme: 'Listen'. The purpose of this six-month programme was to connect colleagues, so they could spend time w
#EmbraceEquity This year for International Women's Day, we're shining a light on women from different roles within Harrods. Each share a little bit about their role, and what it means to th
Meet Our Apprentices Here at Harrods, we know how vital career development and learning opportunities are for our colleagues, which is why over the years, our apprenticeship opportunities have
Recently viewed jobs