This vacancy has expired
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
We are recruiting for a Garment Technologist to join our Harrods, Own Label team - looking after our apparel category.
About the Role
As a Garment Technologist, you will provide proactive, technical support in the development and enforcement of quality policies and best practice principles covering safety, quality, design, production and inspection of Harrods Own Label apparel.
Your duties will include:
- Setting up initial specs from Buyers brief, outlining design, technical, testing & branding requirements.
- Fitting samples in fit session with Buyer and communicate any concerns.
- Creating clear fit comments and graded specs from fit sessions within 48 hours.
- Chasing and analysing of test reports and communicating any issues to Buyer.
- Returning samples to vendors after use and maintain sample library.
- Ensuring all vendors are clear on Harrods policies, and have relevant paperwork filed for use.
- Inspecting deliveries when delivered - ensuring vendors have followed Harrods requirements.
- Reacting quickly and appropriately to any QC issues to ensure minimum disruption to sales.
- Briefing suppliers on performance requirements; interpret test results, ensuring products meet a high standard.
Our Garment Technologist will be an expert in garment construction for a luxury brand. You will be well versed in ensuring the highest level of safety, quality, design, production and inspection - with an in-depth understanding of regulations in the apparel or homeware space.
As an expert in your field, you will posses expert knowledge of the luxury market for Non-Food Own Label categories, able to use this knowledge to help leverage our Apparel and Homeware offerings.
The ideal candidate will also be:
- An excellent communicator and relationship builder
- Able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Commercially and technically minded
- Able to influence both internal and external stakeholders at all levels
Harrods is one of the world’s leading luxury department stores and we’re becoming a destination for top designers, and the most sought-after brands from around the globe. Our combined mission is to make visiting our iconic Knightsbridge store one of the world’s most inspiring shopping experiences.
Our promise to you
Help us make the impossible possible for our customers and we’ll do something remarkable for you. As well as offering a friendly environment to inspire your best work, we provide abundant opportunities and support to build an exceptional career across the varied specialisms of our business.
In return you’ll receive an excellent benefits package, including a company pension, flexible working, 25days’ holiday, and your birthday off, up to 33% in-store discount (including across our food hall and restaurants) and a season ticket loan.
At Harrods we believe the personality and authenticity of our people sets us apart. We celebrate and invite applications from all cultures, backgrounds, tastes, and experiences and are proud of our culture where people from all walks of life can grow and thrive. What makes you unique makes us exceptional.
If you want to know more about our people and our culture, search #TogetherHarrods on LinkedIn, Facebook or follow us on Instagram @togetherharrods
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added?
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Read our insights
TeaserCity Road (Studio)
Hello! My name is Kim Stuart, I am the Post Production Lead at the Harrods Studio and I have worked at Harrods for 4.5 years. Starting as an Image Coordinator and working my way up
Harrods Management Programme (HMP) "To support colleagues with an aspiration to progress into management roles, we run The Harrods Management Programme (HMP). This is a four-month manag
Reverse Mentoring Last month we wrapped our first-ever reverse mentoring programme: 'Listen'. The purpose of this six-month programme was to connect colleagues, so they could spend time w
#EmbraceEquity This year for International Women's Day, we're shining a light on women from different roles within Harrods. Each share a little bit about their role, and what it means to th
Meet Our Apprentices Here at Harrods, we know how vital career development and learning opportunities are for our colleagues, which is why over the years, our apprenticeship opportunities have
Recently viewed jobs