Data Protection Analyst
This vacancy has expired
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
The Data Protection team are looking for an enthusiastic Data Protection Analyst to support with innovative data protection workstreams. This is an exciting and demanding role where communication and people skills matter just as much as technical knowledge. The Data Protection Analyst will provide indispensable support to the Data Protection team, support with day-to-day data protection matters, projects, training and initiatives.
About the Role
The Data Protection Analyst will be providing advice to our Harrods staff on day-to-day activities involving compliant use of personal data and technologies that involve the processing of personal data. You will be supporting with managing Data Processing Registers and the Data Protection Accountability Framework. You will be assisting with data protection education and awareness campaigns, including publishing frequent company-wide data protection communications, interacting with members of the Data Protection Accountability Network, and delivering training events and initiatives tailored to colleagues from across all areas of the business.
You will be accountable for:
- Maintaining full and complete reports of data protection related complaints, incidents, breaches and actions taken; monitoring such records to identify trends
- Working with relevant teams across the business to investigate data protection related complaints and drafting responses to such complaints
- Supporting the Customer Operations and Employee Relations team with data subject requests
- Managing Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs), identifying when DPIAs are required and driving completion of DPIAs
- Proactively monitoring and maintaining knowledge and awareness of current/upcoming data protection and information security news, case law, legislative changes and updates to ICO guidance
- Drafting data protection policies and processes
- Effective communication across the business, building strong working relationships and handling sensitive information with the highest level of discretion and confidentiality
As a Data Protection Analyst, you will be an effective problem solver who is able to communicate clearly and confidently. You will have experience in effective stakeholder management, and will have great working knowledge around Data Protection.
You will also:
- Have previous experience working in Data Protection
- Ideally have an IAPP CIPP Certification, CIPT Qualification, BCS Certification in Data Protection (foundation or practitioner level), information security or cyber security certification (or qualification)
- Ideally have experience using a privacy management system (s) e.g. SureCloud
- Excellent working knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and SharePoint.
Please note, your application may still be considered even if you do not have all the desired experience listed above.
Harrods is one of the world’s leading luxury department stores and we’re becoming a destination for top designers, and the most sought-after brands from around the globe. Our combined mission is to make visiting our iconic Knightsbridge store one of the world’s most inspiring shopping experiences.
Our Promise to You
Help us make the impossible possible for our customers and we’ll do something remarkable for you. As well as offering a friendly environment to inspire your best work, we provide abundant opportunities and support to build an exceptional career across the varied specialisms of our business.
In return you’ll receive an excellent benefits package, including a company pension, flexible working, 25 days’ holiday, and your birthday off, up to 33% in-store discount (including across our food hall and restaurants), and a season ticket loan.
At Harrods we believe the personality and authenticity of our people sets us apart. We celebrate and invite applications from all cultures, backgrounds, tastes, and experiences and are proud of our culture where people from all walks of life can grow and thrive. What makes you unique makes us exceptional.
If you want to know more about our people and our culture, search #TogetherHarrods on LinkedIn, Facebook or follow us on Instagram @togetherharrods
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added?
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Read our insights
TeaserCity Road (Studio)
Hello! My name is Kim Stuart, I am the Post Production Lead at the Harrods Studio and I have worked at Harrods for 4.5 years. Starting as an Image Coordinator and working my way up
Harrods Management Programme (HMP) "To support colleagues with an aspiration to progress into management roles, we run The Harrods Management Programme (HMP). This is a four-month manag
Reverse Mentoring Last month we wrapped our first-ever reverse mentoring programme: 'Listen'. The purpose of this six-month programme was to connect colleagues, so they could spend time w
#EmbraceEquity This year for International Women's Day, we're shining a light on women from different roles within Harrods. Each share a little bit about their role, and what it means to th
Meet Our Apprentices Here at Harrods, we know how vital career development and learning opportunities are for our colleagues, which is why over the years, our apprenticeship opportunities have
Recently viewed jobs