This vacancy has expired
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Our Site Services team are now looking for a General Handy Person to support the Maintenance function in our state-of-the-art hub in Thatcham.
This position works varied shifts between 7:00am and 11:00pm across any 5 of 7 days a week with regular weekend work.
About the Role
This is a physical role which covers a large expanse of our Distribution Centre. Manual handling experience is preferred. Forklift License is also preferred, however not essential as training can be provided. This role is an all-weather role, working in varying temperatures and weather conditions.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Working as instructed in either the main or satellite site, assisting with the maintenance of the site and equipment on site.
• Dealing with internal/external colleagues in a professional and courteous manner.
• Working with a high level of care and accuracy.
• Taking charge of preventive maintenance tasks such as checking door closers, hinges, handles, and maintaining cages and totes used for transporting goods.
• Prioritising health and safety, promptly reporting any concerns to your Line Manager.
In return you’ll receive an excellent benefits package, including a company pension, flexible working, 22 days’ holiday, and your birthday off, up to 33% in-store discount (including across our food hall and restaurants) and a season ticket loan.
As a Harrods Handy Person, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of our facilities. You will be hard working, reliable, quick thinking and have the ability to take initiative.
You will have experience in…
• Painting - From painting offices, toilet facilities and partition walls, to painting walkways and floors (both inside and outside the warehouse).
• Carpentry - Utilising your carpentry skills to build shelves, create bespoke shadow boards, and perform basic repairs on pallets and storage units.
• Plastering - Ability to fill larges holes in plasterboards, or replace plaster boarding that has been damaged
• Mounting Items – Ranging from TVs/Monitors, to Health and Safety signs, whiteboards, and blinds
• Working with minimal supervision – this role requires initiative and proactiveness whilst working through a provided task list.
Harrods is one of the world’s leading luxury department stores and we’re becoming a destination for top designers, and the most sought-after brands from around the globe. Our combined mission is to make visiting our iconic Knightsbridge store one of the world’s most inspiring shopping experiences.
Our Promise to You
Help us make the impossible possible for our customers and we’ll do something remarkable for you. As well as offering a friendly environment to inspire your best work, we provide abundant opportunities and support to build an exceptional career across the varied specialisms of our business.
At Harrods we believe the personality and authenticity of our people sets us apart. We celebrate and invite applications from all cultures, backgrounds, tastes, and experiences and are proud of our culture where people from all walks of life can grow and thrive. What makes you unique makes us exceptional.
If you want to know more about our people and our culture, search #TogetherHarrods on LinkedIn, Facebook or follow us on Instagram @togetherharrods
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added?
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Distribution and Warehouse
We are thrilled to announce our Harrods Supply Chain Graduate programme is now open, offering a unique and insightful window for a talented individual to kickstart their career in the world of Supply
Read our insights
Hi there! This is Katie, Talent Development Advisor at Harrods. As part of National Apprenticeship Week, we wanted to highlight our current apprentices and encourage all colleagues to learn m
Three stages. Three guest speakers. Three days of learning wrapped. We just hosted our first-ever Learn & Connect Fest for all our colleagues. Dr Hazel Harrison shared insights on The Scien
Content TypeCareer Stories
Over the last year, Your Career has supported colleagues to understand their true potential within Harrods. Through our Career Clinics, we have provided face-to-face advice directly from
"This October, our Racial, Equality and Diversity Network (R.E.A.D) came together with colleagues to celebrate #BlackHistoryMonth. We 'saluted our sisters' with authentic stories, hosted t
"Hello, My name is Margaret Amoah. I work in the Food Halls on the tills. I've worked for Harrods for 35 years. And if there's one way to describe Harrods, it's the uniqueness of Harrods t
Harrods is a very special place to work, and with the help of a fantastic team, we recently held our Long Service Evening. Our mission was to celebrate major milestones, recognise remarkab
“This September we celebrated National Inclusion Week. As part of this, I had the chance to visit some of our locations and host virtual sessions to discuss our Belonging Networks and how
Recently viewed jobs