Assistant Buyer - Menswear Designer Collections
This vacancy has expired
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
we are recruiting for an Assistant Buyer to join our Menswear Designer Collections Team.
About the Role
As an Assistant Buyer for Menswear Designer Collections, you will be accountable for getting the right products in the right place at the right time, whilst supporting the Buyer in their strategic vision. You will lead your team to success, by inspiring creativity and managing their workload to ensure they are not only feeling fulfilled within role but also delivering to key deadlines and managing the critical path effectively.
You will be responsible for range management, product selection and conduct cross-channel brand research. Working closely with internal teams, across Retail, Marketing & Merchandising, as well as being the first port of call for queries and brands– you will build long lasting relationships all in the name of curating the worlds best Menswear offer for our customers.
Your duties will also include:
- Preparing agendas and materials for brand meetings and buying appointments, ensuring online and airport data is also referenced.
- Managing in-season trading, driving sales through stock management.
- Continuously analysing and monitoring sales and sell though and negotiate re-orders, stock swaps and RTV’s with vendors.
- Providing vendors with sell through reports and provide feedback on performance.
- Negotiating staff incentives, pop-ups and other initiatives to drive trade in-season with vendors.
- Producing weekly trade report & attending weekly floor walks.
- Updating monthly floor plans with brand moves and shop-fit changes.
You will have a wealth of experience within the world of Buying with an in-depth understanding of the Buying Cycle, both across Own Bought and Concession models. You will be immersed in the Menswear world, be it staying up to date with social media trends, comp shops or up and coming brands, you will use your market knowledge to bring forward new ideas and drive the category forward.
You will be a well-rounded leader, able to bring your team on a journey, manage performance and celebrate achievements. You will be able to work autonomously whilst being proactive in supporting your team and setting them up for success. You will be eager for a challenge, adaptable to change and eager to learn.
You will also:
- Be an established Buying Assistant or Assistant Buyer.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels, internally & externally.
- Be an expert on in-house systems, able to train and troubleshoot and issues for your team.
- Have good commercial & business acumen.
- Be able to demonstrate how you have or would create a high performing team.
- Have strong numerical & analytical skills whilst having a creative eye.
Harrods is one of the world’s leading luxury department stores and we’re becoming a destination for top designers, and the most sought-after brands from around the globe. Our combined mission is to make visiting our iconic Knightsbridge store one of the world’s most inspiring shopping experiences.
Our Promise to You
Help us make the impossible possible for our customers and we’ll do something remarkable for you. As well as offering a friendly environment to inspire your best work, we provide abundant opportunities and support to build an exceptional career across the varied specialisms of our business.
In return you’ll receive an excellent benefits package, including a company pension, flexible working, eligibility for a competitive bonus, 25 days’ holiday, and your birthday off, up to 33% in-store discount (including across our food hall and restaurants) and a season ticket loan.
At Harrods we believe the personality and authenticity of our people sets us apart. We celebrate and invite applications from all cultures, backgrounds, tastes, and experiences and are proud of our culture where people from all walks of life can grow and thrive. What makes you unique makes us exceptional.
If you want to know more about our people and our culture, search #TogetherHarrods on LinkedIn, Facebook or follow us on Instagram @togetherharrods
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added?
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Read our insights
TeaserCity Road (Studio)
Hello! My name is Kim Stuart, I am the Post Production Lead at the Harrods Studio and I have worked at Harrods for 4.5 years. Starting as an Image Coordinator and working my way up
Harrods Management Programme (HMP) "To support colleagues with an aspiration to progress into management roles, we run The Harrods Management Programme (HMP). This is a four-month manag
Reverse Mentoring Last month we wrapped our first-ever reverse mentoring programme: 'Listen'. The purpose of this six-month programme was to connect colleagues, so they could spend time w
#EmbraceEquity This year for International Women's Day, we're shining a light on women from different roles within Harrods. Each share a little bit about their role, and what it means to th
Meet Our Apprentices Here at Harrods, we know how vital career development and learning opportunities are for our colleagues, which is why over the years, our apprenticeship opportunities have
Recently viewed jobs