This vacancy has expired
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to join the UX team at Harrods to help understand and champion the needs of the user and be the voice of our user to the wider business, whilst ensuring we are constantly improving our site. You will do this by combining insights, research and best practice guidelines to design delightful, accessible experiences.
About the Role
The UX/UI designer will be reporting into the UX Lead, and working closely with teams from across the business to understand their needs and ensure we balance these with the needs of our users. It is a varied role working on multiple projects whilst always focusing on delivering pixel-perfect designs with detailed guidance for development teams.
You’ll work closely with a wide range of colleagues including Designers, Developers, Product Owners, Insight Analysts, as well as teams from Content and Customer Operations, external agencies and contractors. You will work across Harrods many digital platforms, primarily harrods.com and the new Harrods Design System as well as external Harrods websites and supporting our app UX designer for Harrods mobile app.
You will also be:
- Developing user-friendly, on brand designs based on user research and feedback.
- Creating wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mock-ups.
- Thinking through journeys, feature variances, interactions and behaviours and ensuring detailed UX requirements are documented for handover to development teams.
- Creating new icons and motions, animation and transitions with supporting guidelines to elevate digital experiences.
- Supporting in maintaining an up-to-date and accurate style guide for use by wider design teams.
- Contributing to the existing design system, including documenting clear guidance for other design teams to follow.
- Reviewing released designs and identify future improvements.
- Collaborating with product owners, developers, content and other designers to define user interface requirements.
- Staying up to date with the latest UI design trends and technologies to provide creative and innovative solutions and to share this knowledge with the wider UX team.
You will have a passion for user-centred design and accessibility, with an understanding of the value of building accessible products, delivering this through the designs you create. You will seek out the tiny details in order to elevate our digital experience to delight our users. You understand the value of collaboration, and are an effective communicator who can simplify the complex and concisely explain rationale and design decisions. You are a problem solver, and are able to tackle complex requirements.
You will also have:
- Proven experience as a UI/Product Designer with a strong portfolio demonstrating your process and outcomes.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in graphic design, Human-Computer interaction, or related field.
- Previously worked with stakeholders/Product Owners/Developers.
- Experience working in luxury retail/e-commerce is an advantage.
- Advanced experience using Figma to create smart variants and advanced prototypes (as well as experience with AfterEffects, Zeplin, Ideally).
Harrods is one of the world’s leading luxury department stores and we’re becoming a destination for top designers, and the most sought-after brands from around the globe. Our combined mission is to make visiting our iconic Knightsbridge store one of the world’s most inspiring shopping experiences.
Our Promise to You
Help us make the impossible possible for our customers and we’ll do something remarkable for you. As well as offering a friendly environment to inspire your best work, we provide abundant opportunities and support to build an exceptional career across the varied specialisms of our business.
In return you’ll receive an excellent benefits package, including a company pension, flexible working, 25 days’ holiday, and your birthday off, up to 33% in-store discount (including across our food hall and restaurants) and a season ticket loan.
At Harrods we believe the personality and authenticity of our people sets us apart. We celebrate and invite applications from all cultures, backgrounds, tastes, and experiences and are proud of our culture where people from all walks of life can grow and thrive. What makes you unique makes us exceptional.
If you want to know more about our people and our culture, search #TogetherHarrods on LinkedIn, Facebook or follow us on Instagram @togetherharrods
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added?
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
eCommerce, Digital and Insights
We are looking for a Junior Stylist to join our ever-growing team at our fantastic City Road studios. You will be helping to implement and interpret the Harrods e-commerce creative vision ensuring tha
eCommerce, Digital and Insights
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Email Designer to join the team as maternity cover for 3-6 months to produce and evolve Harrods email communications. As a Lead Email Designer, you will be o
Read our insights
TeaserCity Road (Studio)
Hello! My name is Kim Stuart, I am the Post Production Lead at the Harrods Studio and I have worked at Harrods for 4.5 years. Starting as an Image Coordinator and working my way up
Harrods Management Programme (HMP) "To support colleagues with an aspiration to progress into management roles, we run The Harrods Management Programme (HMP). This is a four-month manag
Reverse Mentoring Last month we wrapped our first-ever reverse mentoring programme: 'Listen'. The purpose of this six-month programme was to connect colleagues, so they could spend time w
#EmbraceEquity This year for International Women's Day, we're shining a light on women from different roles within Harrods. Each share a little bit about their role, and what it means to th
Meet Our Apprentices Here at Harrods, we know how vital career development and learning opportunities are for our colleagues, which is why over the years, our apprenticeship opportunities have
Recently viewed jobs